RDM EC9700i Check Scanners
The World’s Simplest Check Scanners
The EC9700i network series scanners, like the EC9600i series, are the industry’s only check scanners to offer true USB “Plug-and-play”. By leveraging the “Ethernet over USB” device driver built-in to Windows, macOS and Linux, no drivers or software are required to be installed on local workstations. Users can quickly start scanning checks within a few minutes – just connect, login and scan! It’s that simple!
For sharing scanners over a network or for use in virtual environments like Citrix or VMware, an Ethernet port is also available on some models.
The EC9700i scanners are built on RDM’s 2nd generation Independence Platform Technology; an intelligent, self-contained, secure architecture that uses standard network protocols. This industry-first design provides secure USB and Ethernet connectivity across multiple operating systems, networks and virtual environments without installing drivers – keeping your scanner current and compatible as industry standards and operating systems evolve.
Featuring RDM’s industry leading Progressive MICR Method, RDM network scanners deliver optimum magnetic (MICR) and optical (OCR) read rates on E13B characters. The scanners also produce superior image quality that maximize recognition rates for machine printed and hand-written characters on checks, remittances, and ID cards such as driver licenses. Additionally, the new “Any Orientation” document processing capability can accurately recognize MICR from checks inserted in any orientation and intelligently process those checks without degradation of performance and without user intervention (where supported by the application).
The EC9700i AF series scanners are ideal for remote deposit, teller and branch capture to support larger daily check volumes with a 60 document auto-feeder, 60 document output pocket, and scanning throughput of either 50, 100 or 150 documents per minute.
All models are enabled with inkjet endorsement printing when the respective consumable (sold separately) is installed. The EC9700i models also available with integrated magnetic stripe reader (MSR) or MSR with a 3” Receipt Printer.
RDM network scanners deliver simplicity with peace of mind operation
Simplified user experience through zero footprint installation
- Plug-and-play USB requires NO drivers or other software to install (no ADMIN rights needed)
- Co-exists with other scanner types installed on same workstation
- Make deposits within a few minutes of unboxing scanner
- No user installation or training required
Enhanced productivity and efficiency with peace of mind operation
- Uses standards network protocols to stay current over time
- Maintains compatibility with operating systems and browsers even after “system” updates
- Proven to reduce ongoing scanner related help desk calls by over 50%
It’s as simple as
RDM ScannerCare Maintenance Program
|Rapid Exchange Warranty
The Rapid Exchange Warranty is a next business day scanner replacement program designed to minimize disruption caused by equipment malfunction.
|Extended Manufacturer Warranty
The Extended Manufacturer Warranty is a 1-year or 2-year extended warranty available for sale at the time of any new RDM scanner purchase and extends the standard 2-year limited manufacturer warranty to either 3 or 4 years.
Compact & Multifunctional
- Designed to eliminate the clutter and inefficiencies often created by larger check scanners and multiple payment capture devices
- Fit on your desktop or counter, combining functionality and performance in a small footprint.
- Fast, single-pass document imaging using a vertical feed transport – virtually eliminating skewing and jamming
- Incorporates RDM’s industry-recognized MICR and check imaging technologies to consistently deliver precise MICR read rates and premium images
- Factory-calibrated units simplify deployment
- Do away with multiple devices for processing payments
- Enables you to process any combination of checks, remittances, credit cards, ID cards and receipt printing on a single peripheral device
- Certified with, and connect easily to, many PC-based payment applications.
- One of the lowest costs of ownership in the industry
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
- High-capacity franking cartridge helps minimize your consumables expenses
- Reduced maintenance, support and training costs
- Life expectancy of 5 years or 1 million documents under normal usage